The Glass Art Guild of Utah kicked off its annual holiday show at Red Butte Garden on November 3. Red Butte’s atrium was bustling with glass artists, lovers of glass art, and shelves overflowing with beautiful glass!
The Guild would like to congratulate the following talented artists who received awards at this year’s event.
- Best of Show, Sarinda Jones, “Skin”
- Best Fused Art, Sarinda Jones, “Transpire 1”
- Best Functional Fused, Barbara Busche, “Aspen Trees”
- Best Whimsical, Connie Lundberg, “Five Poppies”
- Most Technically Difficult, Barbara Busche, “Walk Through the Woods”
- Best Mixed Media, Suz Larson, “Plum Copper Vine”
- Best Fused Jewelry, Kaleen Knight, “German Silver Dichro”
- Best Lampwork Jewelry, Jodie MacDougall, “Flight Risk”
- Best Lampwork, Jodie McDougall, “Koi Marble”
We hope you’ll be able to join us for this beautiful display and sale of glass (and maybe even pick up an item or two for holiday gift-giving)! The event will run through December 18 at Red Butte Garden. The artists will restock on the following dates, which means new items will be made available throughout the show!
- Thursday, November 15
- Thursday, November 29
- Friday, December 7